Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baylor Homecoming

Baylor homecoming has always been one of my most favorite traditions and I was so excited this year to share it with Austin. We started homecoming weekend with my best friend and roommate from college, Johann, coming into Waco to visit. We had dinner at Bush's Chicken, an all-time Waco favorite of Johann's, and then headed up to campus to walk around and reminisce. After some shopping at the bookstore we headed back home to get bundled up for the bonfire. The pep rally and bonfire was right in the heart of campus this year. Brent, Austin, Johann and I all enjoyed getting to watch the fireworks and bonfire. Austin did really well with all the people and loud noises going on.
celebrating Austin's first baylor homecoming!!

the fireworks display (pretty impressive show from the heart of campus!)

the bonfire- such a beautiful sight
Johann, Austin and I in front of the bonfire





Austin and Johann at the pep rally.




My all time favorite part of homecoming weekend is definitely the parade. We all woke up early Saturday morning and headed to campus to enjoy Austin's first parade. It was prefect morning for a parade!!





Austin all bundled up ready to see the floats









the start of the parade with the big baylor bear balloon















Austin slept through the first part of the parade but Brent was able to get a shot of him with the baylor bear in the background.






Austin actually watching some of the parade










enjoying our time together at the parade





one of the floats in the parade
(this was KOT's "Jungle Book" float that actually broke down right in front of us and held up the parade for almost 20 minutes until they could get it moving again- a first in all my parade years)





This was my five year anniversary since graduation so before the game the class of '04 had a reunion luncheon. We didn't see too many of my old friends but it was still nice to hang out and eat some yummy Uncle Dan's. We of course we go to the football game but that is most a formality. Since it was pretty sunny and was not going to be a win, we only stayed until half-time.





Austin of course slept through the first quarter
(it was super sunny so i had to cover him up so he wouldn't get burned- hence the blankie on his head)










what a fun homecoming weekend!!







I cannot believe it has been five years since I graduated from Baylor. These years have been the most exciting and life changing years for me and my family. I am very grateful for my time at Baylor and the life that it lead to! I look forward to many more Baylor homecomings and getting to share them with Austin and Brent.

No comments:

Post a Comment