Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

What a fun first halloween we had with our little Austin! Our celebrating started on Friday with the Fall Carnival at my school. Austin of course wore his costume and came to help mommy run her booth. He had so much fun that he had to nap for about an hour of the carnival but that didn't keep him from being a helper. I was in charge of the Duck Pond booth and little A was a very cute teammate. All my students, some current and some former, loved getting to see my baby. I think they asked a million times "is that your real baby?", which made me laugh every time as I answered "yes, this is him".





all dressed up and ready to go!












worn out from all that carnival fun!












helping out at the carnival














Saturday was actually halloween and we started the day by heading out to get costumes for Brent and I. After costumes were all found, Austin and I met Brent at the Baylor vs. Nebraska game. We made it about half-time which was actually perfect timing for us. Of course Baylor lost but it was fun to show Austin off to all our friends in our section. Post game the whole family headed home to start getting ready for our halloween party that night. Austin napped, Brent watched football and I made snacks to take with us. All the couples in our bible study group decided we would have a "costumes mandatory" halloween party that night. We all got dressed up and headed out. Brent and I went as farmers and Austin was our pumpkin!! (pretty clever costumes if I do say so myself!) We had such a good time hanging out with our bible study friends. We ate, talked and played games all evening.




The cookies I made!!








Austin was a little too long for his pumpkin costume so it didn't last too long at the party. Luckily he had his jack-o-lantern onesie underneath so the family ensemble still worked. What a cute pumkin inside a pumpkin!!





the farmers and their pumpkin!!







we tried to get an official halloween photo but Austin was not interested at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment