Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HEALED!!!

Finally my c-section incision has officially healed! My last would care appointment was 9-9-09 and I was finally declared HEALED. At the end of my last appointment, all the nurses gathered in the hallway to cheer and I had to ring the bell. They made it such an event to be celebrated and reminded me just how far we had come on this little adventure. Even though it was "closed" at my appointment, I was still told to keep it covered for a week more and to keep my activities limited for the next two just to insure that it wouldn't re-open. Although it was terrible experience and so stressful with all that happened, I am very thankful for the wonderful staff at the Wound Care Center and all they did to help me. They were always so nice and so involved and caring about me and my family. Each week they asked about Austin and always remembered exactly who we were and what was going on in our life. That is such a rarity in doctor's offices these days and it truly helped a bad situation not seem so bad. But after 12 weeks of appointments, treatments, 2 weeks of a would vac, and numerous dressing changes; I finally made it. What a perfect anniversary present!! I still don't really know how I will adjust to life without weekly doctor's appointments. So far it just seems like something is missing since they have been part of my life for so long now. Ever since May I have been to at least 1 doctor a week for some reason or another. I am really looking forward to returning to a semi-normal life.


And just because I find it so interesting...
Wound stats:
start-length-3 inches
depth-2 inches
width- .5 inches

It took 72 days of treatment for it to heal completely with 15 of those days being attached the would vac. I would post the photos of the wound at the start and at the end but I have been told that is "gross"! But my wound is healed and I have a beautiful baby and the scar to remind me of it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment