Sunday, September 13, 2009

I heart footie pajamas!

Austin finally began sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old. It truly was the perfect time for our family because the first night he slept all night was the first day I had to go back to work and lucky for us he has done it ever since. For the first two weeks after that he would consistently wake up around 6am. But then all of the sudden our sweet baby turned into a sleep machine and I completely believe it was because of his pajamas. Now Austin had been sleeping 5-6 hours most nights but always woke up without his socks, shirt twisted up and the blanket kicked completely off. So I thought maybe he would sleep longer if he stayed warmer thus brought us to footie pajamas. We had only gotten 1 set of footie pajamas as a baby shower gift so I gave them a try and what do you know.... it was like magic!




1st night in his footie pajamas








just look at those cute little feet!






Austin slept almost 8 hours that night, I actually had to go wake him up to get ready for school that Friday morning. All I could think was it had to be the pajamas. Later that day I told his Aunt Lindsay about his amazing accomplishment and the wonders of the footie pajamas. And lo and behold if she didn't go buy him 7 more sets of footie pajamas!! Friday night we tried out our pajama theory again with one of his new sets from Aunt Lindsay. Austin was dressed in his magic pajamas, had his bottle down and enjoyed some quiet rocking time then at 10:30pm he was laid in his bed to see if it really was the pajamas that made the difference. Off to bed we went and I did not set an alarm because I figured Austin will wake us up in plenty of time to get ready for the day. Saturday morning, September 5th, sometime after 9am....I remember waking up that morning in a panic because it was so late and I had not heard him yet and I started to worry that something was wrong. So I immediately ran to his room to check and found him safely curled up on his side, thumb in his mouth and sleeping soundly. It was so darn cute I had to take a picture. I still don't know how he got on his side, they must really be magic pajamas!





all curled up....







thumb in mouth!







We do love Aunt Lindsay and those magical footie pajamas. Now every night Austin sleeps in his footie pajamas and we have to go wake him every morning because he is sleeping so well. So after making fun of those silly pajamas and how anyone would dress their kid in them, I must admit..... I HEART FOOTIE PAJAMAS!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those pictures are the cutest! I must see him soon!

    ReplyDelete