Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to school...

Well the time has finally come for me to head back to school. I had such a wonderful summer being home with Austin and just getting to be mommy that I hated to see those days end. The first week back was just a week of trainings, meetings and workdays so nothing too strenuous but yet somehow still very stressful. For that first week back, Austin spend most of his days with daddy and even had a few visits up to my classroom. On Tuesday, Austin went to the babysitters for the first time. Luckily Brent took him that morning and saved me from being in tears. Trainings and workdays came to end on Friday which meant the first day with kids was all too close.

Monday August 24th was the first day of school and still to this day I get nervous and don't sleep much the night before. I have started school 19 times as a student and 6 now as the teacher, and I must admit being the teacher is the harder of the two! Monday morning bright and very early I headed up to good ol' DHES to prepare for the 23 little angles that would be walking though the door to room 6. The scoop so far is 14 boys, 9 girls, 1 special needs student, 3 very hyper students, 4 that don't know what planet they are on, and 2 mad mommas already! It is going to be one heck of a year!! To make matters a little more overwhelming, I had to spend the first week of school not only training my little kiddos but also preparing for a sub. Due to all the wound drama and still not being healed, I will be teaching part time for the first 6 weeks of school. Starting the second week of school I would only be teaching math and reading in the morning and then my sub would teach science and social studies in the afternoons. The first week was exhausting but knowing that I only had to do one week full time helped me make it though. It was very tough but we all made it though the first week of school and had the weekend to recover!





Austin and Mommy on the first day of school!!





No comments:

Post a Comment