Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2 months old

Austin is officially 2 months old! I can't believe how fast time is going, we waited so long for him to get here and now the days are just zooming by. As we were approaching this milestone, I started thinking back at all we have done over these past 2 months. I estimated that we have changed over 450 diapers, fed and washed almost 200 bottles, been to chick-fil-a at least 15 times, been to a doctor's office 17 times, changed/washed more clothes than I could even come close to counting and taken nearly 600 pictures of adorable little Austin. Austin has almost completely outgrown every newborn outfit; there are still 2 that fit at this moment but give it another week and those too will be too small. I have had to pull out his 0-3 month clothes and I have put them all in the rotation. Austin now smiles and coos everyday, which just melts my heart every single time. And perhaps our biggest accomplishment is that he has slept through the night twice now!!!! For the very first time on Tuesday night he slept in his crib from midnight until 6am. I was so happy and proud I could have cried. And then, to top even himself, the next night he slept from 10:30pm until 7:30am; a whopping 9 hours in his crib!!! It was an absolute blessing for a very tired mommy who had to return to work this week. Austin also had his very first day with the babysitters this week. On Tuesday daddy took him to Barbara and Larry's for his first day. (I thought it was better for Brent to take him so I wouldn't cry.) Since birth Austin has gained 2.8 pounds and grown 2 inches. It is truly amazing just how much he has changed in such a short time. We are madly in love with our baby boy and enjoy each and every moment with him.




3 days old






2 months old... same outfit & same couch



what a difference!!





Each month I try to take an "official" photo in his nursery rocking chair. This month he was more expressive so I included a few of the out-takes as well.





just too funny of a face not to include







can't sit up just yet








the official 2 month photo








getting upset......









and photo shoot over!





No comments:

Post a Comment